In order to create a selfroster period, choose "selfroster" from the navigation bar and then click "add". If you want to use "bands" to determine user quotas (see below), these must be created first by editing the calltype from Call > Admin.
The wizard will step you through the process of creating a selfroster period.
1. Initial setup
- Choose a name for this period - if you don't chose one, it will be named automatically using the date ranges.
- Choose a calltype
- Add a note you'd like users to receive when they get notified about this calltype - it might be explanation of how their quotas were derived
Choose the "period" - the dates that users will be choosing when selfrostering. You need to enter a start and end date, but not all days within that range have to apply. You could choose weekdays, weekends or holidays for example.
- Decide whether to use a quota or not
- If you use a quota, will you use bands (if available on the calltype) or weighting
- if you are using a weighting, how will shifts be grouped - shifts, weekdays/weekends, or slots of 12 hours?
4. The "window"
Choose the date and time the selfrostering period will "open" - users will be emailed 1 day and 1 week before this with details of the selfroster period and their quota. Its good to leave it open for several days in case users change their minds and want to modify their choices, it also gives users plenty of time to login and chose their shifts. Users will also receive an email when the period is closing soon, reminding them of their quotas.
This is the most complex part of building a selfroster period. However this can be saved as a draft, and you can make adjustments before "publishing". Once published, you can still "unpublish" as long as the window has not yet opened.
- simply type each users quota manually
- give them equal quotas by pressing the "all equal" button
- enter a "weighting" for each user, then calculating their quota based upon this by pressing the "use weighting" button. HosPortal will use all users' weightings, and the number of shifts, to set quotas such that each users quota reflects their weighting
- use bands. To use bands you must have already created bands within the calltype, and assigned them to each user. By pressing "use bands" each users quota is calculated based on their band and the number of days in the period.
You should also chose what will happen to any shifts that are left when the self rostering window closes.
Finally, either save as a draft, or publish. You can modify users quotas up to the closing time, and you can unpublish up until the opening time.