If you have administrative access to staff, you can add new staff members to your site on HosPortal. When a NEW user is added to HosPortal effectively two things happen
- a new user account is created
- a new role is created, attached to that user
From your point of view this is a one step process:
1. touch STAFF on the HosPortal Navigation Bar and then ADD at the top right:
2. Enter the new users name and contact details:
3. Chose a ROLE for the using, the start and end times for this role and any calltypes this user will do.
4. Lastly decide whether to create UNALLOCATED sessions for this user. If you chose YES, this user will be given an unallocated session for the AM and PM on all days of the week. This is typically used for registrars or trainees who work five days a week, and don't have regular sessions. VMOs and Staff Specialists typically would not have this.
5. Press Save
6. HosPortal exists across many hospitals, and has done so for nearly 10 years, so it is not uncommon to find that when you do this, the person you are adding ALREADY has an account on HosPortal. If the email or name is the same as someone on HosPortal already, HosPortal will tell you this, and suggest that instead you add JUST a new role to this existing account. Just press save if this is the same person.