When you enter the self-roster screen, a calendar will show you all the dates for that roster period like the one below.
If the calendar is greyed out, it means that the selection window is not currently open: you are either too early or too late.
On the calendar you can see shifts coded by colour:
- Green: available shifts you can take
- Yellow: shifts that you have taken, and count towards your quota (if you have been given a quota)
- Red: other shifts you have on HosPortal (for instance at other hospitals) to help you avoid roster clashes.
- Grey: shifts that you took as part of this selfroster period but placed on the market and someone else took them – these still count towards your quota
- Blue: shifts that you took from the market from someone else, and so DON'T count towards your quota.
Note that the available green shifts will change as other users select shifts.
Take a shift
You can take a new shift by clicking a green shift. You quota will adjust appropriately.
Release a shift
You can release any yellow shift by clicking on it and choosing "release" - don't forget, this means another user could take that shift immediately and it will not be available if you change your mind.
Market a shift
Any yellow shift you have taken can be placed on the market for other users to take. Simply click the yellow shift and chose "market" and then set the market parameters.
Saving your selections
You do not need to save your selections. Just exit the selection screen and your selections will be saved automatically.