Once you have subscribed to iCal, your iCal-linked calendar should sync automatically with HosPortal. See here for how to set up iCal.
Depending on your device (e.g. computer, mobile) and operating system (e.g. Microsoft, Apple), your options might include
- whether you "fetch" the calendar data from HosPortal manually, or "push" the data to your device automatically at a set frequency
- the frequency time, which may be as often as every few minutes, or every few hours.
Where to find the sync frequency settings on your device
The frequency with which HosPortal is synced with your iCal service is set on your device and not something that you can adminster through HosPortal.
The following might assist in where to find the iCal settings on your device:
- iOS supported devices can manage iCal settings through the “Accounts and Passwords” folder of the Settings Application.
- Apple computers can manage iCal syncing and alerts through "Calendar">"Preferences".
- Microsoft Outlook will automatically refresh when an iCal is updated (NB this can sometimes take more than 24 hours). Settings can also be adjusted under "Internet Calendar Account Settings"