In HosPortal, the template by which individual shifts on each day are defined is called a "calltype". It describes:
- What days of the week the shift falls on
- What time it starts and ends
- What type of users can do this call
- Who gets notified when changes occur ("alerts")
- how users are reminded about their shifts ("reminders")
Creating calltypes can by done by Hosportal administrators by selecting Call (A), Admin (B) and then Add (C):
The following screen will require you to fill the details of the calltype including the relevant date range and associated groups (you can decide to manually add staff to the list).
You will also need to ensure that you set all shift times according to the day (D). You will also need to select the relevant staff groups to be included in the calltype.
There are a number of other fields that can be adjusted. The tabs at the bottom of the screen (see below) allow you to administer:
- Reminders, which can be sent to users by SMS, email and automated voice-call
- Options, for instance to allow swaps and the shift market
- Alerts, to send emails to administrators when certain changes are made, or if a user does not respond to a reminder.
- Rules, where the on-call shifts need to interact for clinical allocations. These are usually used in public hospitals for trainees.
- Defining the people allowed to administer the roster.
Once you have finished, ensure that you Save (E) the calltype.