HosPortal is extremely flexible regarding sending email, SMS and voice-message reminders to doctors regarding their on-call activity. You can set as many reminders as you want, at almost any time in advance of the shift.
Each on-call roster can have its own type of reminders.
To add and remove reminders
1. Navigate to the admin settings on the call page (A).
2. Select the settings of the relevant call type (B).
3. Enter the edit mode by selecting the Edit button (C), and choosing the Reminders tab (D).
4. You can then then click the green 'plus' button to add a new reminder. Select the type of reminder (email, SMS, voice-call) from the drop-down (E), and the time you want the reminder to be sent (F).
5. Repeat step 4 if you want to add additional reminders. You can add as many as you like.
6. If you want to remove a reminder, use the red delete button.
Users can block some reminders
Note that users can elect to NOT receive email reminders about their on-call shifts.
It is not possible for users to opt out of SMS reminders. So be careful about how many of these you add: many users get frustrated with too many reminders, and it may cause them to ignore other important correspondence from HosPortal!